Are you looking for a job with a purpose? Do you feel passionate about protecting the environment and working in an open and flexible organization that fosters feedback and initiative?
Join us in our efforts in building a more agile and efficient technology organization, thriving on mobility, digitalization and innovation.
We offer you absolutely best colleagues, authentic leadership, coaching and development opportunities, great work-life balance and possibilities to grow in a large global organization.
We hope that you are a seasoned specialist or developing professional, with experience in the field of DevOps, API and systems integration, with also some experience in successfully overseeing or leading complex technology projects. You are capable of seeing the big picture and taking the initiative, while being committed to continuous learning.
About the role
This role exists in the IT Operations Unit and is vital in bridging the gaps between our Product Owners and the Support functions. In addition to having an ownership of our systems and servers, you will look at new ways of enabling the automated workflows between our applications and cloud infrastructure via various APIs, orchestration and low-code development, and lead new value-generating initiatives for our end-users in our digital workspace.
Additionally to DevOps skills - and keeping the wheels of our systems turning - we want to widely leverage your expertise in technology, constantly looking beyond the horizon for solutions to problems not yet existing as we are rapidly transforming our organization and processes. Therefore, the right candidate will also possess the relevant people skills to contribute to influencing our culture and champion new and innovative solutions to our stakeholders, driving change in - both - agile and waterfall methods.
Due to your experience and expertise, you are instrumental in introducing new and smarter ways of working for the entire unit.
Albeit, not your primary responsibility, some level of hands-on support for the staff in your respected location is expected. We work as a team, unafraid to get our hands dirty - management included.
- Refinement of our public cloud systems infrastructure, orchestration solutions, integrations and access management.
- Adapt, improve and optimize our CI/CD, orchestration scripts and DevOps workflows.
- Development of low-code automation and backend jobs as well creating monitoring dashboards with relevant data.
- Integration of our application suite utilizing existing and new APIs.
- Liaison to our Global IT services, drive and pull suggestions benefiting the entire ecosystem and our stakeholders.
- Champion global solutions locally as Product Owner.
- Maintain infrastructure and applications systems level and end-user documentation.
- Participate in and contribute to the yearly planning process.
- Participate in support for end-users when needed and provide troubleshooting for escalated issues.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, Masters Degree preferrable, or equivalent job experience.
- Common server and client operating systems (Linux, Windows, Mac, iOS and Android).
- Shell scripting and at least one backend language (preferably PHP or Python).
- RESTful API. CI/CD, orchestration, containerization and other Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) practices.
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or AWS.
- Working knowledge of databases.
- People skills to influence culture and introduce new ways and technologies of working.
- Ability to oversee multiple responsibilities and execute or manage complete project cycles in Agile or hybrid manner.
- Desire and willingness to learn new technologies as required by the organization’s management and the needs of the organization’s business model.
- Excellent written communication and verbal presentation skills in English.
- Basic networking (Cisco or FortiNet)
- Improving Business Processes (BPMN)
- IdPs and SAML
- Experience with Mobile Device Management (MDM)
- Software, mobile or web development experience
- Cyber Security best practices, ZTNA
This position is offered on a permanent contract and is based in our office in Stockholm, Södermalm. For more information regarding the role or Greenpeace Nordic as an employer, please reach out to IT Operations Manager, Janne Louhikari, email@example.com. We have a collective bargaining agreement with Unionen. If you want to get in contact with the Union representatives please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will be filled, when the right applicant is found.
Greenpeace is a global network of campaigning organisations, working for a green and peaceful future. It comprises 26 independent national/regional Greenpeace organisations (NROs) in over 55 countries across Europe, Africa, the Americas, Asia and the Pacific, as well as a co-ordinating organisation, Greenpeace International. We expose global environmental problems and force positive changes through research, lobbying and non-violent direct action. For more information, please see www.greenpeace.org.